1. What should you do if the patient is rude or gruff?
a. Not draw the patient's blood work
b. Inform the nurse about the patient's attitude
c. Be professional and follow normal procedures
d. Tell the patient. You need to be nicer
2. Which of the following is not an indicator of diabetic ketoacidosis?
c. Slow and shallow breathing
d. Psychosis leading to dementia
3. Which of the following is the worst mistake a phlebotomist can perform?
a. Perform a bad needle stick
b. Perform labs late
c. Forget to perform a lab
d. Mislabel a patient's lab work
4. Which of the following should you do for an outpatient who has previously passed out?
a. Confirm the order with the physician
b. Get some assistance
c. Refuse to draw the lab
d. Have the outpatient lie down or get in a drawing chair
5. Which of the following correlates with acronym (HCFA)?
a. Health Care Financing Administration
b. Health Care Fund Analysis
c. Health Care Financing Association
d. Health Concerned Families of America
6. Which of the following correlates with acronym (CLIA)?
a. Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act
b. Closed Lab in Analysis
c. Clinical Laboratory Information Agency
d. Controlled Lab Improvement Acts
7. Which of the following classes of fires involves electrical fires?
a. Class A
b. Class B
c. Class C
d. Class D
8. Which of the following is a site commonly used for skin puncture collection?
a. Lateral Bicep
b. Medial Thigh
c. Lateral Heel
d. Posterior Calf
9. Which of the following matches the definition: Analysis of previous results compared to current results?
a. Alpha Checks
b. Delta Checks
c. Hub Center
D. Fast Check Analysis
10. Which of the following is not a sign of poisoning?
d. Dry mouth
© Copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved | www.PhlebotomyCertificationZone.com