1. If you are using a needle that has a ___ gauge it could cause trauma to RBC's?
2. Insulin inhibits the release of _______.
c. Beta cells
3. Which of the following is caused by insulin release?
a. Increased breakdown of fats
b. Increase breakdown of proteins
c. Decreased blood sugar
d. Causes glucose to be phosphorylated in kidney
4. Glucagon causes increased blood sugar and causes slow breakdown of glycogen in the liver.
5. As blood glucose decreases glucagon is inhibited.
6. Glucagon increases blood levels of glucose by causing liver to breakdown glycogen.
7. Which of the following is not an indicator of a hypoglycemic condition?
b. Poor appetite
8. You are asked to draw labs on 3 years old. Which of the following should you not do?
a. Ask them not to cry during the needle stick
b. Make small talk with the parents
c. Gain the confidence of the child
d. Tell them this may sting a little
9. Which of the following is not an adverse effect of glucagon?
a. Allergic reaction
10. What type of cells secrete insulin?
a. Beta cells
b. Alpha cells
c. Plasma cells
d. Acinar cells
© Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved | www.PhlebotomyCertificationZone.com